Contact My Firm
SALEM DIVORCE LAWYER
PERSONALLY SERVING YOUR FAMILY NEEDS
Family law matters such as divorce or a child custody dispute are stressful and challenging. I understand how overwhelming these sensitive situations can be, and how important the outcome is for you and your children as you move forward with your lives.
Elaine D. Smith-Koop
I am Elaine Smith-Koop, and I work exclusively in family law, bringing more than 25 years of legal experience to the resolution of these difficult and private issues. From my law office in Salem, I help residents in Marion County, Polk County and throughout the Willamette Valley.
Protecting And Representing Your Best Interests In Family Law Matters
Since 1990, I have been a staunch advocate for Oregon families and have built a strong reputation for asserting my clients’ rights in pursuit of obtaining a positive and amicable resolution. While I do not believe in litigating unnecessarily, in cases where negotiations break down, I will aggressively defend your rights and position in court.
As a family law lawyer, I represent women and men who are facing a full range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce – Protect your interests in contested proceedings or in the details of uncontested divorce
- Marital property – Divide assets and debts, including retirement accounts, inheritance or a business
- Children – Work out child custody and parenting time, including unmarried parents (paternity) or grandparent custody/visitation
- Child support or spousal support – Determine a fair and accurate amount of support
- Modifications – Revisit custody or support orders, including parent relocation
- Domestic violence – Address issues related to family violence and restraining orders, often in the context of divorce or custody actions
- Family law appeals – Seek relief from an unfair or unworkable family court ruling
Compassionate And Personalized Service
My law office is conveniently located on the corner of Marion and Cottage Street in historic downtown Salem in the Old Garfield School Building, which has now been converted into office space, offering a tranquil setting to tell me your story and discuss your options. If you need an experienced divorce and family law attorney, call me today at 503-298-4419 or 800-743-3002, or contact me online to schedule a consultation.