Personally Serving Your Family Needs
Family law matters such as a custody dispute or divorce are stressful and challenging. I understand how overwhelming these sensitive situations can be, and how important the outcome is for you and your children as you move forward with your lives.
I am Elaine Smith-Koop, and I work exclusively in family law, bringing more than 20 years of legal experience to the resolution of these difficult and private issues. My Salem law office, Elaine D. Smith-Koop, LLC, serves Marion County, Polk County and neighboring counties of the Willamette Valley. Please call or email me to arrange a confidential consultation.
Marion County Family Law Attorney Serving The Willamette Valley
My law practice represents women and men in the full range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — Protecting your interests in contested proceedings or in the details of uncontested divorce
- Marital property — Dividing assets and debts, including retirement accounts, inheritance or a business
- Children — Working out child custody and parenting time, including unmarried parents (paternity) or grandparent custody/visitation
- Child support or spousal support — Determining a fair and accurate amount of support
- Modifications — Revisiting custody or support orders, including parent relocation
- Domestic violence — Dealing with family violence and restraining orders, often in the context of divorce or custody actions
- Family law appeals — Seeking relief from an unfair or unworkable family court ruling
Compassionate, Personal, Experienced
I have practiced law in Oregon since 1990 and have a reputation for strongly asserting my clients' rights in pursuit of an amicable resolution of their matters. I do not believe in litigating unnecessarily, but I am an aggressive lawyer when you need to go to court.
My law office is conveniently located on the corner of Marion and Cottage Street in historic downtown Salem in the Old Garfield School Building which has now been converted into office space, offering a tranquil setting to tell me your story and discuss your options. If you need an experienced Salem divorce attorney, call me today at 503-298-4419 or 800-743-3002, or contact me online to schedule a consultation.