Personally Serving Your Family Needs
Family law matters such as a custody dispute or divorce are stressful and challenging. I understand how overwhelming these sensitive situations can be, and how important the outcome is for you and your children as you move forward with your lives.
I am Elaine Smith-Koop, and I work exclusively in family law, bringing more than 20 years of legal experience to the resolution of these difficult and private issues. My Salem law office, Elaine D. Smith-Koop, LLC, serves Marion County, Polk County and neighboring counties of the Willamette Valley. Please call or email me to arrange a confidential consultation.
Marion County Family Law Attorney Serving The Willamette Valley
My law practice represents women and men in the full range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — Protecting your interests in contested proceedings or in the details of uncontested divorce
- Marital property — Dividing assets and debts, including retirement accounts, inheritance or a business
- Children — Working out child custody and parenting time, including unmarried parents (paternity) or grandparent custody/visitation
- Child support or spousal support — Determining a fair and accurate amount of support
- Modifications — Revisiting custody or support orders, including parent relocation
- Domestic violence — Dealing with family violence and restraining orders, often in the context of divorce or custody actions
- Family law appeals — Seeking relief from an unfair or unworkable family court ruling
Compassionate, Personal, Experienced
I have practiced law in Oregon since 1990 and have a reputation for strongly asserting my clients' rights in pursuit of an amicable resolution of their matters. I do not believe in litigating unnecessarily, but I am an aggressive lawyer when you need to go to court.
My law office is located in a century-old house on the edge of downtown Salem, offering a tranquil setting to tell me your story and discuss your options. If you need an experienced Salem divorce attorney, call me today at 503-298-4419 or 800-743-3002, or contact me online to schedule a consultation.